Thursday 7 August 2014

Stencil work done

I've finished up the stencil work which takes me on to weathering.

All my stencils are hand cut, I don't use decals because at this scale decals look obvious, they don't like to  conform to the model closely enough. With the stencils you get a little over spray (which looks nice imo), you can weather them back, and run them around corners which I think adds to the realism of the model.


Dragons - "Their GGGGggrreat!"

I think I'll thicken up the black out line some, just deciding if I'll use a wash or paint to do it. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

Weathering 2 models at a time is going to take a while I'm not in a rush so I'll try to do a few sections per day hopefully will be done in a week or two. Then that's all the big jobs done and its on to painting in details.

No comments:

Post a Comment