Friday 11 December 2015

Just alittle more and on to paint

So it was a lot of parts to rub down with over 36 pieces it takes a while to remove all the pour stubs and fill any dings. Resin sanding isn't the most fun job in the world the dust clings and it very fine I struggle for motivation. After that I test fit all the parts all resin shrinks slightly the bigger the object the more it'll shrink. So what's need it too dry fit.

Any parts that are having trouble fitting together I check for;
  • Snots (bits of erroneous resin) if I find I'll clean off 
  • If it's pulled out of shape (differences it thickness main different shrink rates) I put the 2 halves into hot water till the resin softens then squeeze the parts together under the hotwater till they marry up then run them under cold water to reset.

Then all the parts get the dust washed off them and the undercoat, then I glue the half's together. Then its final test fit. Any bad joins or gaps are filled/sanded I make sure everything moves smoothly and fits flush. Then the rest of the model is pinned and glued into their main parts ready of a final dusting and undercoat. I'm almost that this stage just need to work the hunches so they sit flush, some gluing, adding magnets and off to paint yippee.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog and have been going through your posts. It's been really cool to see the progression of your work since 2012, you should get a lot more attention with models like these. Just flat out amazing.

    You've mentioned a few times that you occasionally put models on ebay. Is there any chance that one of these Hunchbacks may be listed in the future? I don't think I'm the only one that would be interested if you put one up for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi andy

    If you want to be put on the list then drop an email me you find it on various posts (it the name of the blog at gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete